Terms & Conditions
All goods are supplied in accordance with our Current Terms and Conditions of Sale. Please ensure you have a copy and if you require one please contact our office. The following Terms and conditions apply to trade with Laydex (NI) Limited.
1) The following are extracted from the current terms and conditions of sale and shall apply in all transactions and contain all the terms thereof except as otherwise specifically agreed in writing by Laydex (NI) Ltd. and the Purchaser beforehand and override any terms or conditions incorporated or referred to by the Purchaser which may be at variance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
2) Unless otherwise stated in writing payment for the goods shall be made within thirty days of the date upon which the goods are invoiced.
3) Laydex (NI) Ltd. may at any time require the Purchaser to make payment in advance of delivery.
4) Should the Purchaser fail to make payment by the due date then Laydex (NI) Ltd. reserves the right without prejudice to any other remedy which it may have to cancel this contract and/or any other contract between the Purchaser and Laydex(NI) Ltd. and/or suspend delivery until payment shall have been made.
5) Laydex(NI) Ltd. reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at the rate of 1.5% per month (apportionable by the day) on all overdue accounts.
6) Laydex (NI) Ltd.shall not be bound by any oral quotation given, unless confirmed in writing. Goods will be invoiced at the price ruling at the date of dispatch and a carriage contribution may be payable based on rates then applicable. Laydex (NI) Ltd. reserves the right to vary prices without notice. Discounts do not apply unless by arrangement with Laydex (NI) Ltd.
Before commencing installation please check that material delivered complies with that ordered. Rubber flooring should first be installed without adhesive (rolls should be so installed for a minimum of 18 hours before final fixing) to confirm, colour uniformity and possible surface defects, only from a standing position.
Claims will be entertained only for material that has not been cut to fit and/or installed.
Claims in respect of aesthetic defects - surface defects, shade match etc. will only be entertained on the basis of judgement made from a standing position.
Standard quality material does not have resistance to oils and grease.
Slight difference in shading may occur between material from different production batches. Flooring should not be trafficked for at least 24 hours after installations. For more information on Rubber Flooring please contact Laydex (NI) Ltd.
7) No claim shall be maintainable by the Purchaser against Laydex (NI) Ltd. for loss or damage to the goods unless the delivery docket is appropriately endorsed with brief details of the loss and/or the nature of the damage, and a written claim is submitted to Laydex (NI) Ltd. within 7 days of the date of dispatch shown on the delivery docket. If the Purchaser shall fail to give such notice the goods shall be deemed in all respects to be in accordance with the contract and the Purchaser shall be bound to accept and pay for the same accordingly.
8) The Purchaser shall determine the suitability of the products for their intended use and shall not rely upon any representations made by or on behalf of Laydex (NI) Ltd. The Purchaser must satisfy themselves that the goods are fit for the purpose for which the Purchaser intends to use them save as herein stated all express or implied statutory or other warranties, representations, whether as to fitness or otherwise, relating to the goods supplied by Laydex (NI) Ltd. is hereby excluded.
9) Laydex (NI) Ltd. shall not be liable to the Purchaser for any loss, damage, delay, injury or any consequential or special loss or damage sustained by the customer whatsoever, howsoever, and whensoever caused arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the performance or non performance of Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s obligation, including but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, loss or damage or delay caused by any faulty or unsatisfactory goods sold.
10) Acceptance of goods will be treated as acceptance of Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s conditions.
11) The risk in the goods shall pass to the Purchaser upon delivery of the goods to them or any carrier or location nominated by the Purchaser. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk to the Purchaser the property in the goods shall remain in Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s possession until the Purchaser has paid all monies owed by them to Laydex (NI) Ltd. under this or any other contract or otherwise and that by virtue of the fiduciary relationship between the Purchaser and Laydex (NI) Ltd. the Purchaser will hold the proceeds of sale in trust for Laydex (NI) Ltd. absolutely to pay there out all monies due to Laydex (NI) Ltd. under this or any other contract or otherwise.
12) The Purchaser agrees that in the event of the goods being made into any product either alone or mixed with other materials and becoming a constituent of any such materials or products, the Purchaser herein declares that (1) the ownership of the product and/or materials belongs to Laydex (NI) Ltd. as security for the payment of all monies due on foot of this contract (2) by virtue of the fiduciary relationship between the Purchaser and Laydex (NI) Ltd. they hold the proceeds of sale of any such product and/or materials in trust for Laydex (NI) Ltd. absolutely to pay thereof all monies due by the Purchaser under this or any other contract or otherwise and (3) they shall execute at their expense any deed, document or paper or do any act or thing necessary to vest the title to the said product and/or materials in their possession and to transfer the proceeds of the sale thereof to Laydex (NI) Ltd.
13) Until the property therein has passed, Laydex (NI) Ltd. shall be entitled upon demand to enter the premises of the Purchaser and to recover possession of any goods supplied and the Purchaser in accepting these conditions irrevocably grants a licence to Laydex (NI) Ltd. to enter the Purchaser's premises for that purpose.
14) The contract shall be governed and interpreted by Northern Ireland Law. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLYING TO FLOORING MATERIALS:
Cancellations cannot be accepted for cut length orders after goods have been cut or despatched, or for Contract or Special Orders of non stocked lines brought in.
For technical reasons it is not possible to colour match from different batches. Orders that need to colour match must be placed at the same time. Every effort will be made to supply orders for Floor coverings from the same batch but Laydex (NI) Ltd. cannot accept claims for shade variations once the material has been laid.
Goods supplied in accordance with the contract cannot be returned without Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s prior written consent. Laydex (NI) Ltd. will only accept material back which is in a saleable condition and returned in full rolls or full boxes. Any goods accepted for return will be liable to a handling charge of up to 30% of their value with no exceptions. The customer will contact the Company for a returns number, before returning any goods and are subject to the following conditions:
- They are returned within 7 days of purchase, in the unopened packaging, and are subject to a full inspection.
- The goods value before any deductions must exceed a value £50 net of VAT.
- All returned goods are subject to a 30% handling charge with no exceptions.
- The customer will return the goods at their own cost, Laydex (NI) Ltd. may organise collection of the return with the cost of shipment being deducted from any credit given. Should the product be found to be faulty at time of supply, any cost of return shipment will be refunded.
- All goods returned failing inspection not collected by the customer within 14 days may be disposed of by the Company with no liability.
Requests for deliveries to contract sites will be facilitated as much as possible with the co-operation of our carriers. Please ensure that there is assistance available for off-loading. Information on date of delivery is given in good faith. Laydex (NI) Ltd. cannot accept responsibility for delays in delivery however caused.
DAMAGE IN TRANSIT
If goods are damaged in transit the carriers note must be endorsed accordingly and Laydex (NI) Ltd. notified of the damage within 7 days. Failure to notify will invalidate any claim.
Special Orders requiring cut lengths will be invoiced at cut length price regardless of whether supplied with or without a full roll and will be charged to the next 0.25 linear meter.
Liability in all cases will be limited to the value of goods supplied. Claims for manufacturing faults will not be accepted after goods have been laid. Floor coverings should therefore be inspected prior to fitting. Laydex (NI) Ltd. will not accept any responsibility for shrinkage of Carpets which have not been secured to the floor. All carpets should be inspected prior to cutting and fitting to ensure the correct pattern and quality has been received.
Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s liablilty for defective goods will be limited to replacement with equivalent value or with a credit note to that value; and no claims can be accepted for any loss or damage either direct or consequential less suffered by the purchaser or their customer.
(a) Any times or dates quoted for the manufacture or dispatch of goods are intended to be estimates only and Laydex (NI) Ltd. shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for failure or delay in manufacture or delivery howsoever such a failure or delay shall have been caused. (b) Laydex (NI) Ltd. shall have the option to affect dispatch by instalments and to issue a separate invoice in respect of each instalment. (c) Without prejudice to Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s rights under Clause (a) above all contracts or quotations may be cancelled or suspended without liability on Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s part by reason of contingencies beyond its control such as strikes, lockouts, fire or the like interrupting due deliveries, causing shortage of supplies or abnormally affecting prices of raw materials, or by reason of the Laydex (NI) Ltd.'s inability to secure the necessary materials, labour, transport or licences.
LENGTH AND WIDTH TOLERANCES
All goods sold or supplied by Laydex (NI) Ltd. are subject to a length and width tolerance of plus or minus 1mm for tiles. All other products to BS3655 plus or minus 1.25%.